WE focus and work in Six most interlinked (6) main areas:
- Peace, Youth and Security
- Preventing/countering violence extremism.
- Leadership development systems
- Human Right and good governance.
- YOUPEDA is competent in project management and leads, a multi-stakeholder coordination, good in training and strategy design.
- It has very good roots in the youth’s grassroots organizations and knows very well how to make things practical and invoke voluntary action for social change in countering violent extremism.
- It has a track record on practical and strategic youth programs with United Nations and local projects on Youth Peace and security. It is well formalized and has a well-functioning governance structure.
- It has good working relations with the police, military and other security and law enforcement agents. It has a track record in dealing with religious and community leaders, stakeholder sensitization, advocacy and mobilization for Countering violent Extremism.
- YOUPEDA has membership in all the 36 states of the country on countering violence Extremism. It leads the consortium
- We support Humanitarian Efforts in the field- YOUPEDA is thematically well versed in redirecting the social dynamics in conflict areas and humanitarian crisis with coordinated fields’ support systems.
Youths for Peace and Development in Africa
YOUPEDA is a non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and not- for profit making youth network focus on HIV/AIDS prevention intervention, advocacy, capacity, research on young people- in and out of school, Female Sex workers, PWID and MSM and other vulnerable key populations like girls and women in gender base violent abuse, etc.
Formed in 2005 YOUPEDA invests in advocacy, research and training to the young people. YOUPEDA is base has presence in 36 states of Nigeria .YOUPEDA has a legal status and registration with the Cooperate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC) in 2008 with CAC/IT/NO: 27223.
YOUPEDA is a membership free organization for all persons and professions, we do not discriminate; mainly young people in primary schools, secondary schools and tertiary institutions and the public can volunteer their time and skills to the organization. Young people have been the strong pillar upon which YOUPEDA stands; youths are not only seen as agents of change but as angels of change, angels of development and push Africa in African development to end AIDS epidemic.
You can get involved with our team in Grant development/writing. Community HIV Counseling and Testing, office administration, training and research, advocacy.
YOUPEDA has highly respected and responsible men and women as board of Trustees, Directors and International Steering Committee members. The active management Board of YOUPEDA provides guidance and direction for the smooth operations of the organization.
The staff members at the national office in Abuja are experienced, dedicated and committed to their work as they report to the management and Board of Directors. At the administrative /programme level the Country Team, the national Director is in charge of the daily activities implementation and discharge of its duties. YOUPEDA has states focal points, volunteers and interns under the supervision of the Director. The highest number of members is found in the higher institutions, secondary and primary schools; where it’s working with young Nigerians to embrace the societal ideals that promote peace in all spheres.